*Slide presentations are available for select speakers below. More presentations and recordings are being added as they become available.
8:30 – Opening Welcome:
- Brian Weeden, CONFERS Executive Director (video available)
- Fred Kennedy, Director of the Tactical Technology Office (TTO), DARPA (video available)
9:00 – Morning Keynote – Ben Reed, Deputy Division Director, Space Satellite Servicing Projects Division, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
9:30 – Market & Business Trends: Why is on-orbit servicing real now? What are the emerging market opportunities and economic drivers?
Moderator: Ian Christensen, CONFERS Secretariat (slides available)
- Bryan Benedict, Senior Director Innovation and Satellite Programs, SES Government Solutions (slides available)
- Therese Jones, Senior Director of Policy, Satellite Industry Association (slides available)
- Ken Lee, Senior Vice President of Space Systems, Intelsat
10:20 Morning Coffee Break: Break sponsored by SSL, a Maxar Technologies Company
10:45 – Industry Briefings – Servicing Providers: Flash Talks: Presentations from companies developing rendezvous and proximity operations (RPO) & on-orbit servicing (OOS) services.
- 10:45 – 10:55 – Emmanuel Sauzay – Director, Commercial Space, Airbus
- 10:55 – 11:05 – Jim Armor – Vice President, Government Services , SpaceLogistics LLC (slides available)
- 11:05 – 11:15 – Al Tadros – Vice President, Space Infrastructure and Civil Space, SSL, a Maxar Technologies Company
- 11:15 – 11:25 – Jon Goff – President and CEO, Altius Space Machines (slides available)
- 11:25 – 11:35 – Chris Blackerby – Chief Operating Officer, Astroscale
- 11:35 – 11:45 – Helen Reed – Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Chandah Space Technologies (slides available)
- 11:45 – 11:55 – Joerg Kreisel – Chairman and Co-Founder, iBOSS GmbH
12:30 – Luncheon Keynote – Kevin O’Connell, Director, Office of Space Commerce at U.S. Department of Commerce (video available)
13:15 – Announcement from CONFERS – Brian Weeden, CONFERS Executive Director (slides available)
13:30 – Industry Briefings – Supporting Services: Flash Talks: Presentations by companies developing RPO & OOS related supporting services: Insurance, manufacturers, launch, space situational awareness (SSA).
- 13:30 – 13:40 – Chris Kunstadter – Senior Vice President, AXA XL (slides available)
- 13:40 – 13:50 – Max La Rosa -Director, Sales and Business Development, Observation, Exploration, Navigation, and Telecommunications, Thales Alenia (slides available)
- 13:50 – 14:00 – Jonathan Bohren – Senior Roboticist, Honeybee Robotics (slides available)
- 14:00 – 14:10 – Bob Carrell – President/COO, Hoffer Flow Controls (slides available)
- 14:10 – 14:20 – Doug Cather – Space Operations Technical Director, AGI
- 14:20 – 14:30 – Mark Jeffries – Director, Global Sensor Operations, ExoAnalytics Solutions (slides available)
- 14:30 – 14:40 – Tom Kubancik – General Manager, Commercial, Civilian, and International Space, L3 ADS (slides available)
15:00 – Networking & Coffee Break
15:30 – Panel: Policy Considerations for Satellite Servicing: A panel of U.S. and international government representatives to discuss the policy questions and regulatory approaches related to this emerging field.
Moderator: Brian Weeden, CONFERS Executive Director (video available – 1530 Panel to Close)
- Andrew Ratcliffe – Head of Launch Systems, United Kingdom Space Agency (UKSA) (slides available)
- Laurent Francillout – Head of Space Safety Office, Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES) (slides available)
- Tahara Dawkins – Director, Commercial Remote Sensing Regulatory Affairs Office, U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Stephen Earle – Space Traffic Lead, U.S. Federal Aviation Administration – Office of Commercial Space Transportation (FAA-AST)
- Bhavya Lal – Research Staff Member, Science and Technology Policy Institute (STPI)
16:30 – Briefing on CONFERS Activities – Briefing by Brian Weeden on CONFERS activities to date, 2019 planned activities, and engagement with international standards development. (slides available)
17:00 – Close